Points to live by
Our memory is a tricky thing. I often think of my short term memory as a blessing and a curse. On one hand, I love that I don’t remember everything I see or have seen (can you imagine, yikes). On the other hand, there are lots of things I wish I could permanently glue into my head and never ever forget them.
I was once told that a study of success people in this world, were those who on a daily bases read their purpose in life. If you are like me, you may need to read it more than once a day in order for it to stick. Each of our purposes may be different, but here is a list to live by that will get you going in the right direction.
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength.
- Love your neighbor as yourself. – Luke 10:27
- Glorify the LORD.
- Fear the LORD.
- Revere the LORD.
- Seek the LORD.
- Seek opportunity.
- Live in the reality of God.
- Be bold in faith.
- Understand that the authorities that exist have been established by God.
- Speak the truth in love.
- Rid yourself of pride.
- Live as if today was the last.
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our LORD. – Romans 8:38,39
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. – Philippians 4:6-8